Tuesday, January 8, 2013

When Is Enough Enough???

Have you ever reached a point in your life where you realized that you are sick and tired? Maybe you're fed up with the direction your life is going. Maybe you're sick and tired of being sick and tired. You know that there is more to your life than just the everyday routine things you do. You know that you have greatness built inside of you and yet maybe for whatever reason you haven't realized your true potential. While we all have the potential to be great, we all have to reach a point where we say...ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!

SO...with that said...when do you reach the point where you tell yourself enough is enough? For me personally, my "enough is enough" moment came when I was diagnosed with Type II Diabetes. My blood sugar levels were WAY out of control and at the rate I was going, I was headed towards a big possibility that if I didn't change the things I was doing in my life, I was headed to an early death. That was my reality at that time. At the same time, I was recently married and we had a daughter. If there ever was a time when I had to make changes, that was the time! I had a wife and daughter who needed me to be around and take care of them. I had a responsibility to be there for them to provide for them and take care of them. I knew that I had to change my life or I would be letting them down in a big way. That is when I made some serious changes in my life. I started working out and I changed my eating habits. When I started exercising regularly and eating better, my blood sugar levels were back to normal and I was taken off all the medication I was on for the diabetes and high blood pressure.

Even though I was successful in making those changes in my life, there is always one thought in the back of mind that always makes me wonder. Why did it take being diagnosed with Type II diabetes for me to say enough is enough? Why does it take something as drastic as an illness to wake us up and realize, "HEY...I NEED TO CHANGE THE WAY I'M LIVING MY LIFE!" This sentiment doesn't always have to be health related either. It can reach into other aspects of your life as well. It can be relationships, financial matters (this holds true for me now, but that is another subject altogether), spiritual matters, or emotional matters. No matter what aspect of your life you feel you need to improve, you have to tell yourself that ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! You have to be the one to wake up to the reality that you want better for your life. You have to be the one to say that making life changes is hard, BUT life is going to be even harder if you don't make those changes.

I know that making positive changes is difficult. If it wasn't difficult, then everyone would be making those changes and we would all be perfect specimens. Our world is not perfect. Our lives are not perfect. BUT...the decisions we make everyday is something that we can control.That decision to eat better, or that decision to take a walk is well within our control. It's all up to you. When are you going to reach the point where you tell yourself...ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment